This is a simple use plugin which displays the share buttons (Facebook Like, Tweet and Google plus buttons) on the bottom or on the top of the posts and pages.

The Share Buttons

The Share Buttons

In the admin panel you can configure the settings of the plugin. You can change the share buttons settings and set the display settings.

Administration Interface

Administration Interface

Download the plugin

If you find this plugin useful to you, please consider making a small donation to help contribute to further development. Thanks for your kind support!
Donate

60 Comments on WordPress plugin “Share Buttons Simple Use”

1. Anthony says:

Great plugin! How do I modify this WP plugin so that the Tweet/FB are all the same height and layed out completely horizontally? I don’t like how the Tweet box is bigger than the FB like box as per the general implementation.

2. rovingsign says:

Yep – 3.01 – the buttons are staggered in the 2010 theme…not in row.

They should be in single line.

Not

Like This.

3. Thank you for your replies, but can you tell me the names of the themes and where can I download those themes? I will try to sort out the problem and solve it.

4. web r-sn says:

nice plugin ..

please add Buzz button

5. web r-sn, thank you. I’ve decided to do it in the new version of the plugin.

6. Carsten says:

Plugin works fine with Internet Explorer 8 and Firefox (buttons in same line), but with IE 7 and Chrome the buttons are not in line.

Seems to be a CSS issue?

Regards,
    Carsten

7. Carsten, thank you for your reply. But I tested the plugin in Chrome and everything is OK. Can you write here the URL where the problem can be seen.

8. Hussein says:

Hey,

Nice plugin. When I recently upgraded the version, the google ‘Buzz’ icon began to show alongside FB and T. How can I remove the Buzz icon?

thanks in advance!

Hussein

9. Hussein,

Open the file share-buttons-simple-use.php from the plugin directory and delete the line 379. I’ll add a feature to choose which buttons will be shown, in the new version of the plugin.

Thank you.

10. Dustin says:

Like the plugin. Wondering how I can eliminate the word “Tweet” from the excerpts on my home page and also would like to display the buttons within the excerpts. Is that possible? You can get a better idea of what I’m talking about at my site http://www.dustinschmidt.com. Thanks for your contribution to the WordPress community.

11. Hussein says:

Thanks Ruben,

Sorry, but first time I do this: do I have to manually look for line 379, or I’m assuming there’s an easier way?

thanks again

12. Dustin, I cannot see the buttons at your site http://www.dustinschmidt.com. And I want to inform you that the new version will show the buttons within the excerpts too. It will be created soon.

Hussein, the easiest way to do it is to use 1.0 version of the plugin. :) I only added the buzz button in the 1.1 version of the plugin, which you want to delete. :)

Thank you.

13. treakk says:

why my button have a reset?after more like people?

14. treakk, what button do you mean? And have you changed the post link?

15. Monica says:

I also didn’t want the Buzz button… my first instinct was to look for another plugin, when I didn’t find the configuration possibility to remove it. But luckily I got here and found the solution. I removed that line and it is perfect now.

You should however be careful, not many people are whiling, or even might not have the possibility, to manually go to that file and remove the line. I think the option of which network you want and which you don’t should be a top priority.

In all, great job on this plugin!

16. YourDealz.de says:

I think it would be nice if there is a method to integrate the code manually in my site. is that possible?

17. YourDealz.de, sorry, but I didn’t understand what do you mean. Can you write more details, please?

Thank you.

18. Droid says:

hey, this is like addthis plug
    is that the only button you can provide?
    i would like to have stumbleupon button too..
    and more better if it can auto submit after post :)

nice to know you, Ruben

19. Droid, Facebook Like, Tweet and Google buzz buttons are the buttons which I can provide for now. Maybe it will be more buttons in the future.

Thank you.

20. Droid says:

great. I’ll be wait for your update news. thanks

21. narin says:

This plugin is wonderful. It’s not too complicated. I like it.

For some reason, I got a few space below the share icons http://dekisugi.net/archives/9980

Do you have any idea how to fix it?

Thanks,
    Narin

22. Steve Weston says:

Hi

Firstly, Narin, I think you need to adjust the facebook height to clear that gap? It looks like its the facebook button causing you grief!

Is there any way you manually put this on pages, as I dont need it on all the pages?

Many Thanks

23. narin, please change the height of the facebook button and try again.

Steve Weston, unfortunately, there is no way to put the button only on the pages you want. But it is a good idea and I will include that feature in one of the new versions of the plugin.

Thank you.

24. Julia says:

Nice plugin.
    Thanks.

25. Stéphane says:

Hey Ruben!

Great plugin, simple to setup and nice-looking.

Just a quick question though: faces don’t seem to appear when the like button is clicked. Has anyone else had that issue?

Thanks!

Stef

PS: when are you releasing the new version? 😉

26. Stéphane,

Have you tried to change the height and width of the like button and try again? Or can I see the problem?

I’ll start to update my plugins after this month.

Thank you.

27. Red Rivera says:

Awesome plugin! Would be more awesome if you integrated the Facebook Share (post to wall) button 😀

28. Red Rivera,

Thank you for your proposal, I’ll think about it.

29. Rob says:

awesome plugin, but one question: since you’re plugin is called Share Buttons, why does it only say “Facebook Like”? Like is different than share…. or am i missing something in the settings.
    Please advice.
    Thanks
    Rob

30. Rob,

In the Facebook docs I’ve read this: “The Like button lets a user share your content with friends on Facebook.”, and I think if a button share something it can be called “share button”. :)

Thanks.

31. DSWfoto says:

Great plugin. Is there a way to tell who ended up clicking the like button on a post?

32. DSWfoto,

I think you can see them if the checkbox “Show Faces” is checked in the plugin options page.

Thanks.

33. Reni Jenkins says:

Facebook share does not show in Chrome. Can you assist?

34. Reni,

Can you write here the URL where I can see the problem?

Thanks.

35. Genti says:

Hello, I have activated the plugin in the site http://incominghealthinsurance.com, but it is not showing anywhere.
    Is there any tutorial or should I put the code in the templates?

thanks

36. Vitor says:

Hi Ruben,
    I noticed that “like” action now appear as recent activites in Facebook, not as full stories as before. I’ve seen other like buttons that are action like full stories, using instead of .
    Any chance you could update this / gives us the option? Sharing the ful stories is a must…
    thanks.

37. Genti, please write here a post url of the site and I’ll check it out.

Vitor, I’ll think about that.

Thank you.

38. Wayne says:

hi i am trying to use your plugin but I cant get the tweet count to work!? I have tried tweeting 3 times and the count does not go up? The like buttons count works fine though…. Please advise

39. Wayne, I think the problem concerns to twitter website, not to plugin. :)

40. zen10 says:

Great plugin Ruben!

Displays in all my posts via single.php but never on front page (index.php) using the same code calling the_content();

Any advice?

41. Hi Ruben, thanks for this Plugin – it is really nice and simple to use.

It think it would be useful, if you can integrate an option to use the button above and below content (both simultaneously). Or maybe to integrate it manually in the templates.

42. Mike says:

I found that when I send a post to facebook it adds a avatar before the post that is not mine. It appears to pick my last registered subscribers avatar. My ideas?

43. Mike says:

When I post to facebook the post on facebook show a different avatar then mine. Any suggestions?

44. zen10, it is impossible to exclude pages in this version, but it is a good suggestion.

Hardware Test, you can’t do it now, and your suggestion is good too.

Mike, you have to add Facebook Open Graph protocol into the website head to fix that problem: http://developers.facebook.com/docs/opengraph/. Maybe you cannot do it yourself, but unfortunately the plugin doesn’t do it.

Thank you.

45. Thanks for your plug-in Ruben !
    I don’t understand, since my two last posts on my website, the “Like” button of Facebook doesn’t seems to work. I click on it but the counter doesn’t start.
    Do you know what problem could it be ?
    Thanks Ruben

46. Triomphe Records,

Please write the URLs of those posts and I’ll try to check out the problem and fix it.

Thanks.

47. Max says:

Hi,is there a way to reorder buttons,i want facebook like on first place and then doesnt matter.But i newbie on wordpress,so pls explain for me in that way :) For example i would take facebook code and put before tweet one,but dont know how to do it,as i dont know php .Thanks

48. Hi Max,

No, there is no option in the plugin to do it, but it will be in the new version which will be made asap.

Thanks.

49. Steven says:

I am using it on the posts and it looks good but when there is a featured image, the like buttons end up on top of each other. Can you look and see how to make them stay horizontal? or even appear on top of the featured image on the post page? Thanks.

Steven

50. Do you have plans (or already have it implemented and I don’t see it) to add sharing capabilities for GOOGLE PLUS?